Digital Retinal Imaging
We use cutting-edge digital imaging technology to assess your eye health. Many eye diseases, if detected at an early stage, can be treated successfully without total loss of vision. Your retinal images will be stored electronically and used as a baseline to track any changes in your eyes in future eye examinations.
This is very important in assisting your Optometrist to detect and measure any changes to your retina each time you get your eyes examined, as many eye conditions, such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy and macular degeneration are diagnosed by detecting changes over time.
The advantages of digital imaging include:
- Quick, safe, non-invasive and painless
- Provides detailed images of your retina and sub-surface of your eyes
- Provides instant, direct imaging of the form and structure of eye tissue
- High quality image resolution
- Uses eye-safe near-infra-red light
- No patient prep required
Also ask us about treatment of dry eye, eye allergies and infection!